Friday, February 8, 2013

Six months

Today marks six months ordained. It feels like both no time at all and forever.
Not in a bad way. Five months till retreat.

It is also almost Losar. One more day of duns. It has been a really hard week, but there were good points too. Clean laundry one day and a six hour nap another. I'm not dead yet. That is always a bonus.

Which reminds me. Apparently (the remaining members of) Monty Python are coming out with a new movie in the spring. That made today *much* better. Robin Williams will also be part of it.

The memorial/passing away ceremony for Anselm Hollo was very nice. Way more people showed up for it than originally planned. The sound set up for the reception (one guitar) was horrible (but then again, so was the room acoustics) but, thankfully, no one seemed to mind too much, except to tell me to turn it up. The musician didn't know that he was going to have a mic, so he wasn't too picky. I realized though, how much being around crew during these events is important. There wasn't a booth to hang out in alone, and I didn't know 95% of the people except by reputation (mostly writers). What can I say. I was bored. I didn't have any crew to commiserate with. Luckily a former classmate of mine / now SWP staff was there, and he was in the same boat as me so to speak. So we sat and talked about the archives for most of the time.

And then I got to lug the powered monitor and etc. back to the tech closet. This time I used a dolly.


No comments:

Post a Comment